Industrial Printing (JDF)
A large Perth printing company required a way to integrate their CRM and ordering system with their large industrial printer, so that orders were automatically available to schedule on the printer. The printer could accept jobs in the JDF format, so we created a custom C# program which monitored a network folder for order files, created by their existing ordering program, and our program then automatically converted them to job files the printer could accept.
NFC/RFID Reader Applications
We have developed applications to read and write NFC/RFID cards and stickers to help Western Australian mining and healthcare companies keep track of their assets. Each piece of equipment at the various sites had an RFID sticker attached, containing a unique ID for that asset (e.g.. drill press, or hospital bed) which could later be scanned by a portable reader connected to a tablet, or Android device. Once scanned, the asset could be inspected and audited using a checklist form on the device, and the results of the inspection automatically entered in a central database. The companies could then create a report that showed the status of all their assets.
A big advantage with NFC/RFID scanning over barcode scanning is that the scanning is done by radio instead of optically reading a barcode, so dirty or dusty items won't prevent the item from being scanned.
- Hardware GPS applications
- Reading USB and Bluetooth GPS devices such as hardware scanners
- Integrating Bluetooth peripherals with iPhone, Windows, and Android devices
- Video Capture and compression of video to show on websites
- Security Camera, Video Surveillance, DVR integration
- MIDI musical instrument control
- Computer Control of electrical relays
- Data Logging, data visualisation and integration with university research spectrometers and remote monitoring